Monday, August 12, 2013

Gratitude for God's Providence

Providence-God's guiding hand on our universe.  For some, this hand determines every action taken in our world; for others, this power only sees the actions play out.  Does God predetermine or simply observe what is happening?  Let the theological debate begin.
 
Either theological perspective has to ask itself what the proper response to God is when we encounter evil and pain.  Does God endorse or, worse, choose our pain?  Does He stand behind the acts of evil brought down upon the innocents?  How should we then live?

I have to admit that this discussion confuses and perplexes me.  At times I may be too simplistic.  In my life, I have seen God work in the blessing and the curse.  I thank Him for the good, but I don't blame Him for the bad.  I trust that no matter what comes my way that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13)  I don't need to know the source of the event to know that.

Are you at the point where you trust God even when everything around you says that you should not?  Do you doubt His providential care?  Do you wonder if He has forgotten you? 

In the midst of the storm, there rarely seems to be a good reason for it?  When the storm clouds have cleared, we can often find the rainbow.  Many of us look back at the clouds long after they have gone and never see the rainbows in front of us.

Here's to finding rainbows in the storm clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment