Monday, August 26, 2013

Grateful even when there is no rescue

Faith, not only helps me understand my world, it recalibrates my reality.

This past Sunday we talked about being grateful for God our deliverer.  As witnessed by the words of Scripture, this is a most common practice.  Most of us have the "good sense" to thank God when His work is obvious.  When He delivers, we give Him praise, thanks, allegiance, and service.
The challenge of our faith is allowing it to re-color our world.  Allowing God to shape the way we see things.  Allowing Him to perform LASIK surgery upon the eyes of our heart.  Allowing our faith to inform our sight, not the other way around.

The "Stand Up for a Cure" service with our testimonies, recognition of Komen 3Day walkers, special videos, creative instructional  visual aids, fervent prayer, excellent worship, and a poignant sermon pointed to a God who could deliver, but we will not all be delivered as we would like.  This is the entire point of this seven part sermon series.

We must be content in all circumstances.  Faithful to the end.  Thankful always.

There is no other way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Todd, I know most know about my battles in our church and for those that don't know I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in March of 2012 and my journey has been a stand up one at that. My MRI scan just this past Friday was unchanged from a year ago September. Which is good for my kind of tumor. It just may be residual scar tissue and I know God has healed me. Spiritually and physically I have been healed. I pray that others will realize how much he is with them too. Faithful to the end.
    Pammy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pammy Joe,

      You have been a model of faith and faithfulness throughout your entire journey with a brain tumor. You and Ed have demonstrated what it means to put your trust in God. I thank you for your witness to a loving God who sees us in our infirmities and doesn't give us more than we can bear.

      Delete