Monday, January 5, 2015

RADICAL - Too Hungry for Words (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached on January 11, 2015)

Who do you know that has the greatest hunger for the Word of God?  For me, it is definitely my wife.  I thank God often that He had me go to Bible college for 4 years and seminary for 5 years just so I can answer most of her questions.  Her desire for God's revelation has become voracious.  She delights in what God has communicated to His people.  She longs to learn and become.  She is so hungry.

How does your hunger compare to that person in your life?  Why?  What keeps you from having the same craving?  Have you asked God to give you an appetite that cannot be quenched?  Have you ever asked that person how they got to where they are?  Would you ask God to open your heart to His Word?  Will you do that today?  Will you do that now?

No comments:

Post a Comment