Monday, January 12, 2015

RADICAL - Beginning at the End of Ourselves (a sermon based on the book "Radical" by David Platt for a sermon to be preached on January 18, 2015)

Do you get it yet?  Do you understand?  Do you know the answer?  Do you?

The question is "Why does life have to be so difficult?"

I believe the answer is very simple.  Life is difficult because I am usually doing it the wrong way.  I try to live life by my own power, and no matter how hard I try, committed I am, practiced up, improved, and prepared I am I still struggle.  I have successes . . . sure.  But the number of challenging moments overwhelm the victories.

The problem is that I try to live a life that I cannot because my nature is not able to accomplish what life demands.  I am, however, equipped to live above this life through the power of God living in me, the Holy Spirit of God.  "What is impossible with men is possible with God!" (Luke 18:27)  God takes the difficulty of living out of my hands and places His power within my reach so that He can live through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment