Monday, July 8, 2019

SEEKING THE HEART OF JESUS - A Heart That Confronts (a blog post for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church on July 14, 2019)

Confrontation is a vital part of the accountability process we need to keep our lives in order.  In a world that rejects "judgment," confrontation has been relegated to the trophy case of antiquated interactions of caring humans. 

Confrontation is always uncomfortable but should not be removed from our interactions.  Without confrontation, I cannot keep my mind where it should stay.  SADD (Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder) will have its way with us if we are not confronted by those who observe, know and love us.

While I may not be pleased when you confront me, I am secretly thrilled that you trust me enough to tell me the difficult stuff.  Thanks for helping me stay on the straight and narrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment