Monday, June 17, 2019

SEEKING THE HEART OF JESUS: Touch a leper this week

Untouchables are all around us even though my Sunday morning "Sermon Reflections" group said that on average they encounter no untouchables during a normal week.   To be fair, a minority of about 25% said they might encounter 1 or 2 per week.

I used to think of the church as a hospital for the spirituality sick to visit when they recognize their illness.  I now prefer a lifesaving station with lifeguards watching for  those drowning in this world.  I like the analogy but not the fit.   I don't think we are as attentive as we would hope that lifeguards would be.   We would welcome them but probably never search for them.

What would a church that is searching for untouchables look like?   How would you live life differently?  How many untouchables would you notice then? What does a church of  untouchables look like?  Would you want to be a part of that church?

No comments:

Post a Comment