Monday, January 11, 2016

GOD USES SMALL THINGS! Five Small Stones (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church in Livonia, MI, on Jan. 17, 2016)

The stories of the Bible I loved the most as a kid were the ones where God did something unimaginable- walking on water, healing people, coming back from the dead.  My favorite ones told how somebody like me could do something amazing.  The best was David and Goliath.

I can remember making a sling and trying to learn to throw rocks right where I wanted.  I tried and I tried, but I never quite got the hang of it.  In my child's mind, I thought if I worked hard enough I could do it too.  My inner child forgot that God was with David, and I was just having fun.

The five smooth stones are not special.  They were normal stones from a stream.  The David and Goliath story is amazing because God used small things (5 stones and a young man) to take down a big giant.

God can take out your giants too!

No comments:

Post a Comment