Saturday, January 23, 2021

THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT - "Be Thou My Vision"

 THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT - Be Thou My Vision - 1-24-21


INTRODUCTION


"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ."

2 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭3-5‬ NIV


Vindicate me, my God, and plead my cause against an unfaithful nation. Rescue me from those who are deceitful and wicked. You are God my stronghold. Why have you rejected me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy? Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. (‭Psalm‬ ‭43‬:‭1-5‬ NIV)


Be Thou My Vision


Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;

Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;

Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,

Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.


Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;

I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;

Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;

Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.


Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;

Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;

Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:

Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.


Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,

Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:

Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,

High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.


High King of Heaven, my victory won,

May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!

Heart of my own heart, whate’er befall,

Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


I.  EYES OF MY HEART

    

A.  Seeing is believing

          1.  Feeling abandoned

          2.  See the bad

     B.  Seeing is deceiving

     C.  Believing is seeing 

Judy from The Santa Clause

                        "Seeing isn’t believing; believing is seeing."

           1.  "I will yet praise Him"

2.  Don’t give into the illusion


II.  SEE AS GOD SEES

    

A.  With us always

     B.  Nothing shall separate

     C.  Perseverance makes us mature


III.  SEE GOD ON THE MOUNTAIN

    

A.  Follow God into worship

     B.  Praise God


CONCLUSION


See differently

   1.  Head-the Word

   2.  Hands-worship

   3.  Heart-praises change us


Read or listen to songs of worship every day


CHALLENGE


“Keep Kenwood Connected” - over the month of January our challenges will relate to connecting with one another.  This is the week we will send "thank you" notes to our Kenwood family.  Utilize any reason you can think of to tell someone "thank you."


INVITATION


It is our custom to offer an "invitation" following the preaching of the Word.  You may want to follow Jesus.  You may want to proclaim your faith.  You may want to repent (stop doing ungodly things and start doing Godly things).  Perhaps you want to be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Possibly, if you have already responded to God’s call in these ways, you would like to become a member of Kenwood Church.  If you have been moved by the Holy Spirit to make a decision in your life, I would be honored to speak with you in the upper parking lot following the service about what God is doing in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment