Saturday, April 11, 2020

VIDEO: 4-12-20 Sermon "RADICAL HOPE: Hope Does Not Disappoint"

On this Easter morning, we invite you to join us as we worship together "from house to house."  We are together because God has built us into this spiritual house, the church.  We are the children of God.  We are the people of God.  We are the family of God.

As we gather together this Sunday in our own homes, we would ask you to sing with the worship videos.  Pray for one another.  We want to encourage you to take the Lord’s Supper in your home at 10:00am.  In this way, we can take communion together even though we are apart.  Watch my message about Radical Hope.  Accept the challenge to pass on hope to someone.  Enjoy Phil Wickham's song, "Living Hope."

WORSHIP










COMMUNION

Read John 6:53-58 with a time of silent reflection followed by a prayer.  John 6:53-58 says, "Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.  Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.  For my flesh is real food and blood is real drink.  Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.  Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.  This is the bread that came down from heaven.  Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever."  Here is a possible communion prayer to say before you take the bread and the juice.  “Lord Jesus, I bow before you in humility and ask You to examine my heart today.  Show me anything that is not pleasing to You.  As I take the bread representing Your Life that was broken for me, I remember and celebrate Your faithfulness to me and to all who will receive You.  And in the same way, as I take this cup representing Your blood poured out from a splintered cross, I realize You were the supreme sacrifice for all my sin: past, present, and future.  Because of Your blood shed for me, and Your body broken for me, I can be free from the power and penalty of sin.  Thank You for Your victory over death.  In Your precious name, Amen."  Take the Lord's Supper.

PRAYER

Pray for the power of the Resurrection to raise us up and give us power for life.  As we struggle in faith, may we find spiritual power.  As we struggle with sin, may we find overcoming power.  As we struggle in sickness, may we find life in the midst of death.  As we struggle with hope, may we find encouragement in despair.  As we struggle, may your resurrection overcome the chains of struggle and free us from our tomb.  Bring us into Your great life.

MESSAGE


CHALLENGE

Live each day in hope.  Write down a list of things the love of God, the Holy Spirit in you, and the resurrection cannot overcome.  Share that list with someone else.  (Hint-The list should be very, very short.)

Pass on hope to someone.  Tell them your personal story of hope.  Invite them to visit our blog, kenwoodsermons.blogspot.com, to hear about the hope found in Jesus. Contact someone in our church family and encourage them.  Be the hope someone else needs.

I want to conclude this message by sharing with you Phil Wickham's song, "Living Hope."  Have a blessed Easter.  Live in the hope of the resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment