Tuesday, February 23, 2016

RISEN - "The Jesus You Never Knew" (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church in Livonia, MI, on Feb. 28, 2016)

As we approach Easter, I want to approach the story differently.  I want to look at it from a new perspective.  I want to challenge my already formed ideas about the resurrection of Jesus.  I want to see this familiar event from another point of view.

This exercise is not motivated by doubt, confusion, denial, posturing, or fancy.  I need to observe Easter anew because it is the most important event in the history of humanity.  I, we, should examine this moment in time as closely as possible.  We should know it, understand it, study it, feel it, hold onto it, memorize it.  

The sermon for Feb. 28, 2016, will come from John 3:16 & 17-“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment