Tuesday, February 9, 2016

GOD USES SMALL THINGS! A Lot of Doubt (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church in Livonia, MI, on Feb. 14, 2016)

I would like to say that I have deep and sturdy faith.  There certainly are times when that is true, but there are also times when that is far from true.  Sometimes I recognize my sparse faith; other times I don't even notice that my faith meter is running low.

Where is your faith-o-meter registering right now?  How full is your tank?  How are you doing?

Jesus seems to say that the amount of faith is not the issue, but faith itself is the issue.  Faith is not a skill or a work that we can learn to employ better.  Faith is not a measure of our worthiness quotient.  Faith is not a standard for the "holier-than-thou" crowd.  Faith is not a badge for the religiously gifted.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.  Faith is about what's out there; not what's in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment