Wednesday, May 22, 2019

SEVEN ASSURANCES THE RESURRECTION GIVES: The Resurrection of Christ Assures Us of the Necessary Power to Live as God Requires (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church in Livonia, MI, on May 26, 2019)

It has been almost 2 years since I shut down this blog, but it is now up and running again.

I will take you through the journey that is my final preparation for my Sunday morning sermon at Kenwood Church.  I will give you some Bible verses to think about, some thoughts to ponder, and occasionally ask a question or two.  I will also post my sermon notes the beginning of the next week so you can catch up if you were not able to worship with us on Sunday morning.

To catch up, I have been preaching a sermon series developed from the thoughts of Rev. Mark H. Creech.  The series looks at the assurances that we have because of Jesus' resurrection.  We have already looked at 

1.  The resurrection of Christ assures us God has accepted Christ's sacrifice for our sins.  (4/28/19)
2.  The resurrection of Christ assures us that there is life after death.  (5/5/19)
3.  The resurrection of Christ assures us that Christ is with us in the present.  (5/12/19)
4.  The resurrection of Christ assures us that we have an advocate in heaven.  (5/19/19)

This brings us to the message for May 26, 2019, The resurrection of Christ assures us of the necessary power to live as God requires.  I will be looking at several Bible passages that demonstrate how our new life in Christ assures us that we can live as God requires.  These are a couple examples.

"I want to know Christ-yes, to know the power of the resurrection."  Philippians 3:10a NIV

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me."  Galatians 2:20 NIV

Email me if you would like outlines for the previous messages and please leave comments at the bottom of the blog.

See you Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Your song last week from Lauren Dagle, "You Say" is a song that I have been learning. When you played it, it warmed my heart. Thank you Todd. Loving the series! Pammy Jo

    ReplyDelete