Thursday, July 17, 2014

"If I have to tell you one more time, I will . . ." (a blogpost for a sermon on 2 Corinthians 12 for July 20, 2014)

I can still hear the words, "If I have to tell you one more time, I will . . . "  Teachers, parents, bosses, instructors, you name it, I have heard it from everyone.

Paul addresses the Corinthian church and reminds them that this will be his 3rd visit to them.  He has hinted that he expects to find the church still tolerating the sexual sins that have plagued their group for quite awhile.  He, also, seems to think that the "false prophets" will still hold sway over them.

Warnings, why don't we heed them?  Why can't we listen the first time?  Why not correct our behavior before we get corrected?  Why?

Why do we see our own sin yet will not repent?  Why do we see the temptation laid before us by others but do not call them out?  Why do we persist in putting up with those who twist the truth to their purpose?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment