Wednesday, January 25, 2017

FROM MEMBER TO MINISTER - I Am a Child of God - A New Series Supported by David Platt's "Follow Me" (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached at Kenwood Church in Livonia, MI, on January 29, 2017)

I consider myself very fortunate.  I grew up in a great family.  We were not perfect,  but we were a family.  My mom and dad did a great job raising my brother and I.  My brother and I had a great childhood filled with lots of friends, toys, adventures, and struggles.

My parents protected us and watched over us without being "helicopter parents."  We ran the town.  We made lots of friends.  We had responsibility.  We made bad decisions.  We got in trouble.  We were kids.

I don't ever remember wishing I was someone else's kid.  I may have gotten mad or not liked my punishment, but I never imagined being in any other family than mine.  I fit.  We worked.  It was good.

The reality of being a child of God proclaims the "rightness" of your position in His family.  You belong with Him.  He wants you to be with Him.  You are family!

No comments:

Post a Comment