Monday, October 27, 2014

THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT - Abide with Me, My redeemer (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached on Nov. 2, 2014)

The hymn, Abide with Me, My Redeemer, is the basis for the sermon for this week.  It is unfamiliar to me as a hymn but the words have been mine for many years.  "Just stay with me God!"

Abide with me, fast falls the eventide, The darkness deepens, Lord with me abide 
When other helpers fail and comforts flee, Help of the helpless Lord, abide 

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless, Ills have no weight and tears no bitterness 
Where is death's sting? Where grave thy victory?, I triumph still if Thou abide 

I know that my Redeemer lives 

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes, Shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies 
Heav'n's morning breaks and earth's vain shadows flee, In life, in death, Oh Lord, abide 

I know that my Redeemer lives, And I will see Him with my eyes
Yet in death, I will see Him, In my flesh I will see God, Abide with me, abide with me

No comments:

Post a Comment