Monday, July 8, 2013

Next sermon-"Final Thoughts" 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18

It never fails that most of my phone conversations begin with polite dialogue and move into desperately important issues right as we are hanging up.  There is something about the end approaching that makes us ask, "What do I need to say before this conversation is over?"

Paul is concluding his final letter to the Thessalonians.  The phone is almost hung up.  He needs to tell them just a few more things before he goes. 

Can you recall those moments in your life when you were "at the end of a conversation?"  For me, I remember speaking with my wife before her last major surgery 11 years ago just as they took her away.  I recall the conversation I had with Carl "Duke" Ellington before his passing.  I still hear my parents words to my family as we moved away from TN to come to MI twelve years ago.

Do you have some "final thoughts" you need to share with someone before things are final?

Click (that is the sound of the other phone being hung up).

No comments:

Post a Comment