Thursday, November 14, 2013

Giving Graciously

Perhaps I should have offered this message before "Giving Generously" from November 10.  One must give graciously before generous giving even matters.

Have you ever had someone give to you, but not as a gift?  I mean those times when people give to you, but it is really about their need and not yours.  I mean those times when it is more about power and control than it is about help.  I mean those times when they really didn't want to, and you wish they would not have. 

Gracious giving must precede generous giving in order to keep the gift in proper perspective.  Gifts of grace can be received in the manner in which they were given.  Generous gifts that do not come from grace are often a burden and not a relief. 

We talk about how much we give a lot.  Perhaps we should start talking about how we give first.  So, in light of that, let me back up and share a message that should have come prior to Nov. 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment