Wednesday, March 18, 2015

24 HOURS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD - Jesus, Barabbas, and Pilate (a blogpost for a sermon to be preached on March 22, 2015 based upon the book "24 Hours that Changed the World" by Adam Hamilton)

Betrayal, denial, arrest, condemnation.  That was just the beginning of the evening for Jesus.  His friends and religious leaders all turned away or on him this night.  No one stood to defend him.  People either accused him or denied knowing him.  When he made it to Pilate, he was utterly alone.

I have been very blessed.  During the most difficult times of my life, I have never been alone.  I have always had someone by my side.  In the midst of accusation, persecution, illness, betrayal, I have always had someone to turn to.  In this moment, Jesus is utterly alone.

This was only a few short days from Jesus being encircled by throngs of people as he entered the city on Palm Sunday.  The crowds, the disciples, the friends; they had all left.  Now he stands before his judge utterly alone.

Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment